Hello to Salem Families, So Glad to See You! (are you audiating "Hello Everybody"?)
My name is Kayla Hughes, and I am so excited that we get to "adopt" you and your children for a joyful Fall of music making! It is truly an honor for me to be a part of your family's musical journey. While you are in good hands in our Online Classes, it is not lost on me that Mrs. D and her team of Allie, Libby, Chris and Joe, have built a beautiful community in Salem. They are highly competent All Stars, and beloved by YOU. Throughout Music Together Salem's story, these teachers have brought Mommies, Daddies, Grandparents, Nannies, extended family and communities together to create lasting bonds with the children who are so loved. I am thrilled we are now all part of the same TEAM, supporting your child's development into confident, life-long lovers of music. So, THANK YOU for allowing me to be a part of the Music Together Salem story. It is a wonderful one.
A few tid-bits about me, Kayla:
- I am a licensed Music Therapist, Mom to 2 great kids and have been teaching Music Together classes for 13 years!
- I love sushi, my backyard, reading with my kids and making my husband laugh.
- Though I've experienced it over and over again, I am in awe of how music creates community and impacts our lives physically, mentally and spiritually. That is why I do this work.
It is so nice to "meet" you!
-Kayla Hughes, Director of Music Together Beaverton
Our Online Classes are going beautifully well! In keeping with our philosophy that children learn best through play, this online format remains non-performance-oriented. In fact, children aren't expected to even look at the screen! Adults are the most important models of joyful music making for their children, and that shines through in these zoom classes. It's pretty amazing!
If you're ready to jump in and register for a class, keep scrolling!
If you'd like to SAMPLE a Zoom Class before jumping in, see our schedule of Sample Classes and sign up here!
A few notes about FALL TERM:
- All Online Classes include one weekly 40-minute interactive Zoom class and access to online bonus content, illustrated songbook, CD/music download and Zoom Family Dance Party!
- Our class offerings include something for everyone in the family!
- Interactive Classes for new Parents (Babies 0-8 months)
- Mixed Age Family Classes (0-5 years)
- Rhythm Kids (4-8 years)
- Guitar for Grownups - (in the works!)
- Full Class Descriptions Here
- You may notice we are offering OUTDOOR Classes this term. Unfortunately, this is only occurring in Beaverton at this time.
Try it out first! Zoom Sample Classes Here!